For The 2016-17
Class of 2016
Getting Ready for the New School Year!
- "Moving On Up" Grade 9 Crusaders Orientation Camp will take place on Thursday, September 1st and Friday, September 2 nd from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Note that preregistration was required. If you are not registered, simply drop in when you are able on either of the two days to get organized for the first day of school.
- Textbook Pick Up Days - Students are to pick up their first semester textbooks on the days listed below. Note that a textbook deposit cheque in the amount of $100, post-dated to March 1st, 2017 is required by each student before textbooks can be issued. The student’s name should be clearly printed in the memo section of the cheque. This cheque will not be cashed if the student’s books are re-turned in good condition at the end of each semester.
- Tuesday, August 30th for grades 10, 11, 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31st for grades 10, 11, 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31st for all grades from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Uniform Shopping - If you were unable to attend the shopping day on July 27th, uniforms can be still be purchased. See this link for complete information.
- Holy Cross Catholic Secondary School Student Activity Fee - All students are required to pay a student activity fee at the beginning of the school year. Please make cheque payable to Holy Cross CSS. For parents with more than one child at Holy Cross, a reduction of $5.00 per additional child is available. There is a decrease in student activity fees this year due to providing an electronic calendar instead of the paper agendas distributed in the past. The fees and what the students receive are:
- Grade 9 student fee is $80 - this covers an HC Spirit T-Shirt, 3 Toonie-For-Non-Uni Days to support cancer research, the Student Council ID Card, an HC Yearbook and a school lock for locker.
- Grades 10 -12 student fees are $70 - this covers an HC Spirit T-Shirt, 3 Toonie-For-Non-Uni Days to support cancer research, the Student Council ID Card and an HC Yearbook.
- Grade 12 student who is graduating pay a fee of $105 - this covers an HC Spirit T-Shirt, 3 Toonie-For-Non-Uni Days to support cancer research, the Student Council ID Card, an HC Yearbook and the Graduation Fee.
- The first day of school is September 6th. Information on the student period 1 homeroom will be posted in the foyer on the pillars as in years past. See you in uniform for Day #1!
- Communicating over the summer - Teaching staff are in and out all summer. Voice mail is available, simply call the school and access the voice messaging system. Alternately, please contact the main office. Summer hours for our main office and Student Services are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Last year's report cards are available for pick up in the Main Office. The Graduation CD will be included for all recent graduates. Report cards will not be mailed to homes. Keep in mind, you may view all marks on-line through Maplewood. Report cards that are not picked up over the summer will be handed out to students in their homeroom