Class of 2015
Event is a
Take a St. Lawrence College Course Next Year!
A student enrolled in the Dual Credit Program spends some of their academic time at St. Lawrence College taking college or apprenticeship courses and the rest of their academic time at Holy Cross taking regular high school courses and/or Coop courses. See the wide variety of courses and apprenticeship programs appealing to many interests!
Advantages of Dual Credit Courses
- You earn credits at both college and high school by taking a single college course. Successfully completing a Dual Credit college course enables a student to earn both a high school credit and a college credit at the same time. Successfully completing a Dual Credit Apprenticeship Program enables the student to earn two high school credits and the Level 1 Apprenticeship at the same time.
- You can take a post-secondary course in an area you are interested in before applying to it after high school.
- You have a chance to experience the post-secondary environment while still in high school which will ease the transition in the future.
- You can earn credits towards an apprenticeship or college program before leaving high school.
- It is entirely free - all costs including tuition, transportation and books are covered.
Who Should Take Dual Credit Courses?
- Students interested in pursuing a trade so they can get their Level 1 Apprenticeship.
- College bound students interested in a specific college program so they can get a head start on earning credits in the program.
- College and university bound students who are interested in one or more careers but would like to try post-secondary courses in those areas before committing time and money.
- College and university bound students who are in their fifth year of high school and are looking for new challenges outside the high school environment.
Want More Information?
- Talk to Mr. Murphy, the HC Dual Credit Teacher any time during lunch or in the afternoons in Room 217.
- Arrange an appointment with counselor to determine discuss how a Dual Credit course would fit in your schedule for next year.
- See the application process.